Conditional waiver for LightSquared should be withdrawn
Created: 2/27/12 (Mon) | Topic: Issues
North Dakota Farm Bureau is asking the Federal Communications Commission to withdraw the conditional waiver issued to LightSquared to provide wireless broadband services.
Although we support high-speed broadband services for rural America, NDFB believes those services should not jeopardize the global positioning (GPS) systems. Research has concluded that interference between GPS receivers and LightSquared proposed network continues to be an issue.
If you are interested in submitting comments, follow the steps below to submit comments.
1. Click here for the FCC’s Electronic Comments Filing System (ECFS).
2. In the box which says “Proceeding Number,” type: 11-109. It is important to include this docket number with your comments.
3. In the designated boxes, enter (a) your name or your company’s name, and (b) your mailing address/city/state/zip.
4. In the box which says “Type in or paste your brief comments,” do so. Click “Continue.”
5. A review page will load listing all of the information entered. If correct, click “Confirm.”
6. If you have trouble, contact the FCC ECFS Helpdesk at 202-418-0193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To listen to the NDFB Newsline posted about LightSquared, click here. (will download an mp3 file).